Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My family

This morning my eldest granddaughter and her daughter (our youngest great-granddaughter) paid us a visit. We spent a delightful two hours together and it made our day. My GGD is now 13 months old, walks and runs and is on the go all the time and is one of the happiest little girls I've known. I think it has a lot to do with her mum and dad being such good parents although I remember her mum when she was tiny and she was never any trouble either. I had bought some toys and books on eBay and was so glad I had as the little one had lots of fun with them plus finding a couple of Pop's golf balls in the garden (he practices his chip shots out there). He gave her two to take home with her and there she was sitting in her car seat holding the two golf balls with a big grin on her face.
Tomorrow my #2 granddaughter will be here helping me sort out a lot of my Creative Memories photo pages. I have done so many of them over past years that I really need to get them in some semblance of order and into separate albums. I still have loads to do and hopefully will finish that task before too long.
It is strange how we often have loads of photos of family members but with big gaps between certain ages. I think at times children don't want their photos taken and so we don't take them. It is something we probably all regret in later years so if somebody wants to take a snap of you then do let them. I think the use of digital cameras has made it a lot easier as you don't need to pose people as much as you did with the old type of camera.
Having some of my family visit this week has been/will be wonderful. I love them all so much and any time they can spare for us is always so much appreciated. I can only thank them for taking the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment