Sunday, June 16, 2013

I AM BACK....JUST

Well, the surgery went well on my eye but it is not a pretty sight:


I am showing the photo as small as I can and it still looks so yucky.  I can't understand women (and men too I believe) that have this surgery just for aesthetic reasons but I guess when you are younger you still want to look beautiful.  Mine was just necessary for medical reasons.  The left one is not nearly as bad as the right one was, but the surgeon wants to do it in August.  Perhaps I should wait until it gets worse?  Will ask him on Tuesday but he may say I will look lopsided if only one is done.

It didn't hurt at all apart from the local injection and they are always nasty.  I think I have 8 or 9 stitches all looking very neat and they come out on Tuesday morning.  Hope all is healed up by then!!  It is a wee bit sore in one spot so no complaints about pain.  The eye is now only looking half as bad as above but I have to apply an ointment 3 times a day and that in turn gets on my specs which is a nuisance.  I had to ice it for the first two days which meant I could do little else and it was sooooo boring.  Would it have looked worse without the ice I wonder?   Or could it?

I have been able to read (River said that was not good if I couldn't read), a wee bit but as I have to apply ointment to my lower eyelid before retiring at night I can only read for about 15 minutes and that is what I miss the most, reading.   I have to continually clean my glasses 'cos of the ointment.  Seems I need to be in bed to read as when I tried to read an article in The Australian yesterday (sitting up of course) it just didn't work out at all well.  I've watched TV when there's something worth watching and been on the computer a bit as well.

It has been quite an experience and I now have to try and catch up with what everyone's been doing over the past 3 days and I've missed you all and your fantastic blogs.  I'm not even sure where I am up to with mine!!

11 comments:

  1. Welcome back. I am very, very glad that you are not in a lot of pain, and hope that what there is disappears quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks EC....all is going well until I try to read the paper or a book. Don't know why that is am OK with the TV and the computer. Just no close-up work for a few days but I do miss reading. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear of your troubles, I have missed so much, since I went away and came back, blogger has not been kind to me, no body can comment unless you are attached to Google. I don't know what went wrong but your posts aren't coming up either. Sorry, have missed you, will re subscribe. xxx Rae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not real troubles Rae....just old age I guess. Thanks for your kind thoughts. I've noticed that Google thingie with your blog. Did you perhaps click on a link or something that caused that? I find sometimes it is too easy to do something of the kind without realising that. Hopefully you will be able to get it all back to 'normal'. Good luck. xxx

      Delete
  4. I'm glad that's over for you. Just the healing now. You'll be better than new in no time. It would drive me nuts if I couldn't read for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too and the next not till 8 August. Stitches out tomorrow (Tuesday) and hopefully no more ointment!!! I get frustrated at not being able to read but the specs just keep getting gunk on them but have managed to read in bed for about 10 mins each night. Perhaps I should try reading laying down? No not during the day.

      Delete
  5. Oh Mimsie it looks probably worse than it is:) I am glad all went well and you will be reading and blogging soon. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Buttons....it does look pretty awful doesn't it? Still a bit sore in one spot and once I can keep my specs clean I'll be able to do much more, including reading which I miss. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The eye doesn't look too bad at all, I've seen much worse in my days at the checkout. Many elderly people come in with swellings and bruises from falling or bumping into things. One lady was so bad I was really concerned for her, I asked was she alright and what had happened. Her walker had stalled in a crack in the footpath and fallen over taking her with it. Her face was black and blue and hands all skinned and scraped. Anyway, back to you, you look like the eye will heal really well and I bet you'll be glad to get back to reading without having to clean your glasses every few minutes. You may still need the ointment for a day or two to keep the skin flexible after the stitches come out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stitches out this morning and a 95% improvement already although have to wait till all swelling goes down to see full effect. Dr reckons when I look in the mirror in a couple of weeks time I will definitely want the other one done although it is nowhere as bad yet. I have reached the Medicare safety net so not a bad idea to get in done before year's end. Told to continue with ointment till tube empty.
    I feel so for the elderly who fall so often. I have always been fortunate in being steady on my feet and apart from the unusual accident a couple of years back when I dislocated my shoulder I don't think I've had a fall for 10 or more years, probably much longer.
    My glasses seem to be keeping clear now so much more reading and my new Reacher book is "Without Fail". Was on special at Big W last week and is one I'd missed getting from the library which pleased me no end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my dear friend, you do bruise up easily! I'm like that as well, I hope you're doing okay, and the swelling goes down quick xo

    ReplyDelete