Tuesday, December 2, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHILIP

Today is Phil's 85th birthday.  It is a quiet day with no big celebrations but the main thing is we are still together and happily so.   I took this photo a short while ago with Phil standing on the front verandah with our garden in background.  The pansies in the hanging baskets were planted especially for me by Phil so I can see then through the front door while sitting in my armchair.


He does kind little things like that to make me happy and I adore him for it.  I would be lost without him and I continually tell him so.  My daughter recently said that she thought her step-father was such a gentle man and one of whom you would never feel afraid.   Don't get me wrong he stands up for himself quite well and we do have the wee barney but what would life be without the odd difference of opinion?

So far today he has received gifts from me (a pair of joggers and two pairs of pyjamas), a car in the mail from an old friend, a phone call from our friend Richard who is currently in Adelaide, a phone call from our son-in-law, a phone call from Phil's cousin Mollie in England, two emails...one from our #3 granddaughter and her family in Alaska, USA, and another from a friend of our in Mandurah.  When I opened Facebook this morning there was a message from our daughter wishing her step-father a very happy birthday with some very kind words.   Phil's reply was to say thank you and that it was a joy being part of this family.  I think that says it all don't you?


                              HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHIL AND MANY MORE TO FOLLOW!!!!

P.S.  As today is a working day and all the family are hard at work we will be celebrating further with daughter and her hubby (and maybe other family members) next Sunday so something to look forward to as the highlights in our life are seeing our family.


18 comments:

  1. A very Happy Birthday (and many more of them) to a lovely man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have passed your message on and he says 'thanks' but he's not really lovely. LOL

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful celebration and acknowledgement of a gentleman - hope u all have fun with Birthday Celebrations - Manny Happies from:- lesalp.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit and your kind words. It was a quiet day but an enjoyable one which at our age is the best kind.

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHIL!!!!! You are one lucky lady, Mimsie. Blessings, YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Message passed on and he says 'thank you'.
      I am certainly lucky and particularly of late when I wonder how he puts up with me. xxx

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday Phil, you're looking good xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks from Phil for your wishes and I reckon he's looking pretty good too.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Phil says "thank you very much for your wishes.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday to Phil.......I'd say, may your day be full of joy, but it sounds like you've already got that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil says many thanks Delores. As said above, it was a quiet day but we have each other and I guess at our age that is the most important part of any day.

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday Phil. You have a lovely face, looks like you smile a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks from the man himself for your good wishes. He does have a nice face and he's always looked younger than his years but I think they are catching up with him just a bit now.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Phil says "thanks and a hug to you too Buttons".

      Delete