Friday, July 10, 2015

FRIDAY FAVOURITES No 6

Several years ago I "discovered" Roger Whittaker and enjoyed his music so much I have several of his albums.

This song "Wind Beneath my Wings" was written in 1982 by Jeff Siblar and Larry Henley.  Roger Whittaker recorded it in that year.  It has subsequently been released by many artists and in 1988 Bette Middler released it and it really took off.   I enjoy Roger Whittaker's rendition of the song.  I was lucky to find it on YouTube so please enjoy it along with me.


You will probably see plenty more songs by this artist in coming weeks so please bear with me.

6 comments:

  1. One of my favourites as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't thought of Roger Whittaker in ages, can't even remember what else he sang.
    I like the song, but prefer Bette Midler's faster, more upbeat version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer male voices so of course Roger's version is my favourite.
      There will be more of his songs and you may remember them when you hear them.

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    Oh Roger was fave in our family home - the parents had most of his records I think! The biggie hit was, of course, Durham Town....Ah the memories... Lovely choice again Mimsie! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend in NZ who says her dad's favourite was Durham Town but it's not one of mine for some reason.
      I am glad you enjoyed my choice this week. xx

      Delete